We are a two year school that does not have tenure, however, our developmental faculty have the same status, salary schedule, benefits, opportunity for professional development, etc.  as the academic transfer or technical faculty have.
Rebecca Goosen
San Jacinto College

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathryn Van Wagoner
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 6:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: About dev math faculty

Listers,

Could you help me get a sense of the environment out there in dev math programs by answering one question?

For those schools that have a separate developmental mathematics department -- are the majority of the dev math full time faculty tenured or instructor/lecturer status? Please indicate 2 or 4 year institution, too.

Thank you,
Kathryn Van Wagoner
Director, Developmental Mathematics
Weber State University