Hi, Erin-

A resource that could be helpful to you as you develop a peer mentoring program is CRLA's very own International Mentor Training Program Certification (IMTPC). IMTPC sets guidelines and standards for how peer mentors should be selected, trained, evaluated, and gain experience. Of course, by using our standards you can also apply for your program to be recognized and certified by IMTPC, which is a great way to ensure your program aligns with best practices in the field!

To view our information, visit http://crla.net/index.php/certifications/imtpc-international-mentor-training-program .

If you would like to further discuss IMTPC, please contact me directly.

Best,
Heather

Heather D. Porter, M.Ed.
Assistant Director, Center for Student Achievement
Salisbury University
Salisbury, MD
[log in to unmask] (410) 677-4865

Coordinator, International Mentor Training Program Certification (IMTPC)
College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA)
www.crla.net