We don't use them currently but I know that Accudemia offers this service.

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Allison Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ID Readers for Tablets

Hello everyone! I'm new to this listserv and I have been working in the tutoring center at Angelina College since last semester. I've been trying to figure out everything and found this listed on a piece of paper as somewhere to join. It's been an interesting read, so thank you!

Right now we are looking at getting some tablets and ID readers so we can just swipe the student ID cards when they come in for help. What I'm having trouble finding is good information about ID card readers for a tablet. Does anybody use one of those or have a recommendation? Right now the student IDs are magnetic stripe, but that could be changing to barcode for future students (but nobody knows if/when that's going to happen). Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

Allison Taylor
Angelina College