Serena,

At APSU, we initiated SLA fall 2007. Students who enter with a deficiency are required to enroll in an SLA supported section. They pay a small fee for the course, which covers the cost of the program. The program has increase success rates, increased retention, and increased graduation rates.

Most of the SLA Leaders are students, though we do have a few temp. hires.

Martin Golson
Director, Academic Support
Austin Peay State University

Sent from my iPad