From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janet Pinkham
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 1:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutor Management Software

Hi All,

We are a private, liberal arts college with approximately 3400 students. Our learning center is home to the college's peer tutoring program, group help sessions, academic coaching services, and disability support services - including testing accommodations.  We are currently looking to purchase tutor management software, but are having difficulty identifying one that is compatible with the type of tutoring we do.

Our center makes 800 tutoring matches annually, and provides over 7000 hours of peer tutoring per academic year.  Due to physical space constraints, all peer tutoring is done off-site (e.g. not within our center).  Students requesting tutoring assistance must complete an application form and are then matched with a peer tutor.  Then the student and tutor determine when, where, and how often they will meet each week for tutoring. They sign a tutor contract that outlines the tutoring schedule they have determined, as well as their responsibilities to each other. The contract remains in force through the end of the semester, or until either the tutor or student notify us that tutoring is no longer needed.

Following each tutoring session, the tutor logs an online report that includes the following information:  date of session, start and end time of session, a brief description of the material covered in the session, a summary of how the student responded, and what assignment was given for the next session, and any additional pertinent details.

We are seeking tutor management software that will allow us to enter all of our peer tutors, their availability for tutoring (days of the week, times), the course(s) they are authorized to tutor, the names of all students assigned to that particular tutor, etc. We're hopeful that the software will not only enable us to make tutoring matches based on the tutor and student's availability, but will also allow us to track appointments kept, no-shows, tutoring session notes, GPA information, etc.

Most tutor management software we have seen is geared toward centers that have appointment-based tutoring within the center.  Can anyone recommend a tutoring software program that meets the needs of a center such as ours?

Many thanks for your time and assistance!
*-----*
*Janet Pinkham*
*Director*
*Academic Success Center*