There are two issues.

Ethical/Moral Discrimination

There are professional ethics to consider as well as personal. Additionally, there are local or institutional ethics to consider. Unfortunately, I can only comment professionally.  I can only tell you that this seems to be a clear case of discrimination in either case. And the decision is between a potential tutor and potential clients. However, for me it is clear. There is a refusal to do 1/2 of the job duties. I would not hire a tutor who can't tutor on the Sabbath if the position clearly indicates that the position must work or may work on the Sabbath.

Legal Discrimination

I don't think this is a case of legal discrimination (but if your school has legal-consult them).

Sent from my iPhone