We are excited to announce that soon this position will post at the College of Charleston:

Assistant Director of the Center for Student Learning serves the campus community as an expert in learning strategies; coordinating the Study Skills Program and the Supplemental Instruction Program. Provides instruction through a weekly workshop series and specialty workshops developed for student groups and faculty. Manages a caseload of approximately 60 students per semester in diverse learning methods. Hires, trains, and supervises 35 student SI leaders.

Bachelor's degree with three years of experience with Supplemental Instruction or some form of peer assisted learning (such as SLA, PASS, etc. as either as an SI Leader, Senior Leader, SI Supervisor, etc.) and/or experience with learning strategies or other forms of peer education. Prefer Master's degree in relevant field, supervisory experience, understanding of student development theory and student success. Access programming, and/or Supplemental Instruction (SI) training and certification from the International Center for Supplemental Instruction helpful.

The pay will be approximately $38,000 per year.

Stay tuned for the official posting but we would love to see our colleagues from across the country apply!

Sincerely,

Melissa Thomas

Melissa Thomas, J.D.

Director, Center for Student Learning