Greetings, all!

Currently, my institution allows students who place into English 099 (our highest developmental writing course) to enroll in English 101 with mandatory supplemental instruction if these students have college-level reading scores. This model is similar to ALP, except students do not have to co-enroll in a developmental English course.

Are there any institutions that do something similar? How do you staff the SI portion: with fulltime faculty, adjunct faculty, tutors, or peer instructors/tutors? Also, how do students pay for SI? Did you create a special course?

I'd appreciate gathering as many ideas and suggestions as possible.

Thanks,

Sarena

----

Sarena J. L. Schott