From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jordi Comas
Sent: 27 January 2015 23:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Sustainability as a normative outcome and SNA

Hi all-

Some colleagues asked me about preparing a course about network theory and research within a Sustainability curriculum.

"Sustainability" here means not just "being green," but something broader in the sense of organizations or social systems that create value today in ways that ensure the capacity to function in the future.  In my mind, it overlaps some with ideas about managing common goods as well as normative approaches to stakeholder managing.  Also, what some would call robust action.

Do any obvious or non-obvious links to research or research topics come to mind to this fine group?

Thanks as always!

Jordi

--

Jordi Comas

"There is nothing so practical as a good theory."  Kurt Lewin

Assistant Professor
School of Management
Bucknell University
Taylor 112
570 577 3161

SPRING 2015 The Stakeholder Organization Site (the Hub").
Research and Writing Blog:
Nets We Weave