There is, but you have to pay for it. GNIP (https://gnip.com/) provides both streaming access as well as historical access.

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Candidate
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Moses Boudourides <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello,

Have you ever heard whether there exists a public global Twitter database?

Of course, I'm familiar with the Twitter api an using it to mine
synchronous tweets. As a matter of fact we've just collected around 4
M tweets related to the recent Greek elections and you may want to see
a few first plots of the harvested time-series here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21265897@N07/sets/72157650089159389/

However, my concern is whether one may have access to past time tweets
which were gathered together in any existing public global Twitter
databases.

Best,

--Moses