Hi all

I'm interested in multinational scholarly partnerships. This can take various forms, ranging from organisations that encourage research and training collaboration between authors from different countries, to organisations that pool intellectual resources from different countries. It can also take the form of standard co-authorship of individual articles or larger research projects.

I've been searching for theories of why and how such scholarly partnerships occur, but with limited success. I'm also interested in empirical studies of such partnerships. I am particularly interested in understanding how South-South scholarly collaboration might differ from North-North scholarly collaboration (in the same way that much of the standard literature on South-South FDI identifies different underlying problems, objectives, and operational modes relative to FDI emanating from high-income countries).

If anyone could point me to relevant work in the area, I would be deeply appreciative.

Many thanks,
Nimi Hoffmann
--
Doctoral candidate, Institute for Socio-Economic Research, Rhodes University