From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Evin Deschamps
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Retention Rates

Hi Jennifer,

At Northern Arizona University we have always approached this type of assessment cautiously because there are so many factors beyond tutoring that contribute towards retention and it can be difficult to isolate the impact of tutoring.  That being said, I know each institution/tutoring program is different.

We do look at the impact of tutoring on course grades so that might be an alternative/additional assessment option for you.

Sincerely,

Evin Deschamps

Evin Deschamps
Assistant Director, Student Learning Centers
928-523-7836
Union Fieldhouse, room 207
P.O. Box 6035
Flagstaff, AZ 86001