From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Richard, Loretta <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 1:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Foundational skills building computer program

Hi Everyone,
Here at Sacramento City College, we have a self-paced computerized class where students are able to work on basic/foundational skills, such as, writing (grammar, vocabulary, comprehension), basic math, pre-algebra, or algebra concepts. Students usually take this class concurrently with a lower level math, writing, or reading class; or they take it prior to taking a placement test.

We are looking at replacing our current program and are considering Pearson's My Foundations Lab or Edmentum's Plato software. Does your institution use either of these programs or a similar program? What are your outcomes and/or your assessment of it? If another department is using the program, would you please send me the appropriate contact information?

You may email me directly with your response.

Thank you,
Loretta

Loretta Richard M.S.
Tutorial Services Coordinator
Learning Skills & Tutoring Center, LR-151
Sacramento City College
3835 Freeport Blvd.
Sacramento CA 95822-1386
916-558-2183