Bruce & Co. -

I use a very simple measure to get real-time data on tutoring
effectiveness that might be useful in this situation. In their client
reports, tutors are asked to indicate, with a ³1² for Yes and a ³0² for
No, whether their clients learned something during the session and were
able to demonstrate it. There is also a ³donıt know² option for those
tutoring sessions that are, well, not focused on learning (weird, but it
happens, right?). I look for patterns when exporting the data (we use
WCOnline) ‹ I can see studentsı yes/no marks, and I can also organize them
by tutor.

This might be a good way for an on-the-spot assessment for
advising/coaching, if tweaked a bit.

Just a thought.

Best to all,

Rob

--

Robert A. Russell
Director, Center for Academic Achievement

Go Green! Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely
necessary.