From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ambrose, Pamm Morrone
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: peer mentors

Hello all,
There has been some discussion of peer mentoring programs on the listserv.  I'm curious though how you bring in the students to be mentors.  Do they get some sort of credit?  Are they paid? Do they get some type of recognition at commencement ceremonies?  I would be very interested to hear how everyone adds value to this position.  Please feel free to email me directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, but I will also be checking the listserv.  Thanks!
Pamm

Pamm Ambrose
Associate Director, University College
Illinois State University