Greetings Colleagues,

Below are a few excerpts from a new timely article:

Ready to upgrade your tutoring program? Your students, faculty and administrator are depending on you to do so. They may not have told you this. In fact, they probably won’t ever tell you, but they need you to upgrade!

Metacognitive Tutoring

Empirical evidence has linked metacognition to a long list of student performance indicators. The aggregate of the research suggests that students with better metacognitive skills will outperform their peers. By incorporating metacognition into existing tutoring services, we help students develop some of the core skills that lead to high academic achievement.

Metacognitive tutoring is a means to achieving many different goals.  Below are a few of its benefits... You can view the entire, short article at either of the following links:

  *   http://bit.ly/developing_a_metacognitive_tutoring_program_sp_15_article<http://bit.ly/developing_a_metacognitive_tutoring_program_sp_15_article.> or
  *   http://www.thelearnwellprojects.com/thewell/.

 I look forward to seeing those of you who'll be at NADE!

Leonard Geddes, MA
Associate Dean of Co-Curricular Programs
Director of the Lohr Learning Commons
(828) 328-7024
www.lr.edu
Personal Learning Assistance Blog - The Well: thewelledu.com