Hello Holly,
There is a lot of information out there on tutor training and training activities.  I would suggest you begin by looking at the CRLA webpage, crla.net, under the tab for "Certifications"-"International Tutor Training Program Certification" -Application". If you scroll done to the bottom of that page there are many useful links.
I would also suggest you look at the books: * Agee, Karen and Hodges, Russ, eds. Handbook for Training Peer Tutors and Mentors. Mason, Ohio: Cengage Learning, 2012. Print. (information on this is available on the CRLA webpage as well).
 * "Put the Pencil Down" by Marcia Toms
 * "A Training Guide for College Tutors and Peer Educators" by Sally Lipsky.
There are many other excellent resources available, but these are just a few.

Roberta Schotka, Director of Programs, PLTC
Wellesley College
ITTPC Coordinator
CRLA Northeast President
[log in to unmask]‚Äč