From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Seok-Woo Kwon
Sent: Saturday, February 7, 2015 11:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: comparing centrality scores across networks

Hello,

I am wondering if I can compare centrality measures across networks. For example, node A from network 1 has a centrality score of 3 and node B from network 2 has a centrality score of 1, (and the two networks are not related and different in size). Can I still conclude that A is more central in network 1 than B is in network 2? Or does this depend on what kinds of centrality we are talking about?

Also, if this conclusion is misleading, is there a normalized centrality score that can be compared across networks? I am hoping someone on this list can help.

Thanks.

Seok-Woo Kwon
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Strategic Management