From:  Marten Düring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  donderdag 5 februari 2015 12:59
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Network visualizations and storytelling?

Dear all,

for a while now I am thinking that there is a mismatch between the freedom
we have in creating network graphs and the limitations we face when we try
to share them. Roughly the options right now are 1) static images, 2)
screencasts, 3) animations of dynamic graphs, 4) custom solutions in
environments like D3 or Sigma.js.

There is a nice example of how graph-like representations and storytelling
can go together:
http://www.npr.org/2010/10/27/130845545/a-web-of-gop-influence And
http://storymap.knightlab.com/ <http://storymap.knightlab.com/>  is a great
tool to tell stories based on maps. So I wonder whether you would have good
use for such a tool for network graphs? Or is there something I missed?
Right now I am trying to get a first sense of how others thinks about this.

Any input is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marten

the message.