From: Marten Düring <[log in to unmask]>
Date: donderdag 5 februari 2015 12:59
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Network visualizations and storytelling?

Dear all,

for a while now I am thinking that there is a mismatch between the freedom we have in creating network graphs and the limitations we face when we try to share them. Roughly the options right now are 1) static images, 2) screencasts, 3) animations of dynamic graphs, 4) custom solutions in environments like D3 or Sigma.js.

There is a nice example of how graph-like representations and storytelling can go together: http://www.npr.org/2010/10/27/130845545/a-web-of-gop-influence And http://storymap.knightlab.com/ is a great tool to tell stories based on maps. So I wonder whether you would have good use for such a tool for network graphs? Or is there something I missed? Right now I am trying to get a first sense of how others thinks about this.

Any input is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marten