Hi, a few things to clarify:

-- I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "relationship" here -- an edge of
the form artist-writer/art-art/wr-wr? A
"boundary-spanner"--"boundary-spanner"? I don't see yet how you could have
10 different kinds with only a 2-mode network -- do the real world examples
have more modes?

-- You're looking for a metric that describes the degree of "shatter" for
each type of relationship -- but want it to be constant for different
densities? Or want it to to be conditional on densities?

In general, it sounds like you're looking for a "robustness" measure, and
that's the literature I'd start with (with which I'm only anecdotally
familiar), but I'm just trying to figure out exactly what kind of a
statement you're trying to make. I think lots of basic metrics would be
quite expressive. For example, "average number of shards produced per edge
removed," for each kind of relationship sounds like it would get at what
you're talking about pretty successfully -- the biggest problem I can think
of with it is that it might not be comparable across networks of different
sizes if the nodes are degree-constrained, but that sounds like a pretty
secondary concern too. Would that capture what you're looking for?

Best,
Alex.