Nothing seriously exciting but first thing this
morning there were four White Pelicans just
at the point where the Ortega River and Cedar
River diverge. I have, in previous years,
occasionally seen them flying over the area
but the only other time I have seen them on
the water here was about the same time last
year. Then, three birds were present for two
days.Then and today the birds were very close
to the docks and shore.

Bob Richter
Jacksonville

--