For basic SNA, this is a good simulation-based start. It promised to be
the start of a three-part series but the other two don't seem to have
appeared yet:
  Smith, Jeffrey A. and James Moody. 2013. "Structural Effects of
Network Sampling Coverage I: Nodes Missing at Random." Social Networks
35(4):652-668. doi: 10.1016/j.socnet.2013.09.003.

Sincerely,
Nathaniel Porter
Department of Sociology, The Pennsylvania State University
<http://www.sociology.psu.edu>
Research Associate, The Association of Religion Data Archives
<http://www.thearda.com>