Dear all,

I am working on 3 Twitter networks that map 3 different editions of a
yearly transnational campaign.

Although it is always the same campaign, the Twitter network changes over
time (not all nodes participate in all editions, new nodes add year by
year, other disappear etc.).

I find Krackhardt GTD measures particularly helpful to my argument (i.e.,
assessing the horizontality of political discussions online)  but i have no
idea if and how i can compare measures i calculate for each of my networks.

first, i'm not sure how distant observed measures should be from the ideal
outtree to actually point out the existence of a horizontal structure.

second, if i observe, for example, that levels of connectedness increase
over time, am i allowed to build an interpretation based on this difference
or shall i refrain given the underlying difference between my networks?

one possible solution would be to isolate the group of nodes that
participate to all editions of the campaign and working only on that  - but
i am hoping to find a way to make a good comparison in spite of the
heterogeneity of my networks...any suggestions?

thank in advance
elena
--

Elena Pavan, Ph.D.

*Post Doctoral Research Fellow*
Dipartimento di Sociologia e Ricerca Sociale
Università di Trento
via Verdi 26, 38122 Trento (Italy)

*Fellow*
Nexa Center for Internet and Society