Dear all,

I am working on 3 Twitter networks that map 3 different editions of a yearly transnational campaign.

Although it is always the same campaign, the Twitter network changes over time (not all nodes participate in all editions, new nodes add year by year, other disappear etc.).

I find Krackhardt GTD measures particularly helpful to my argument (i.e., assessing the horizontality of political discussions online)  but i have no idea if and how i can compare measures i calculate for each of my networks.

first, i'm not sure how distant observed measures should be from the ideal outtree to actually point out the existence of a horizontal structure.

second, if i observe, for example, that levels of connectedness increase over time, am i allowed to build an interpretation based on this difference or shall i refrain given the underlying difference between my networks?

one possible solution would be to isolate the group of nodes that participate to all editions of the campaign and working only on that  - but i am hoping to find a way to make a good comparison in spite of the heterogeneity of my networks...any suggestions?

thank in advance
elena
--

Elena Pavan, Ph.D.

Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Dipartimento di Sociologia e Ricerca Sociale
Università di Trento
via Verdi 26, 38122 Trento (Italy)

Fellow
Nexa Center for Internet and Society