Dear SOCNETers,
I need help interpreting the parameter estimates in stochastic actor-oriented models.
Suppose we are assessing the evolution of advice networks in an organization between 2 time points. One variable of interest is the reciprocity. At baseline the staff reciprocated each other, significantly more than chance. Between two time points there have been efforts to promote reciprocity. The reciprocity effect in the actor-oriented model is significant and positive. Does it mean that the reciprocity significantly improved over time, or it only reflects the baseline tendency (meaning that if people have opportunity to make a tie, they prefer to reciprocate)?
Thanks a lot

Reza Yousefi Nooraie
PhD candidate at Health Research Methodology program, McMaster University