The Working Group "*Big Data, Social Media & Society*" organizes this
Workshop. It emerges from the Research Group Social Studies and Social
Intervention (www.eseis.es) and Simplelab (http://simple.uhu.es/index.html),
in order to promote research, training, and transfer in this
transdisciplinary field.

The First Workshop on "Big Data, Social Media & Society", whose *CALL FOR
PAPERS* is launched now, is also supported by the Faculty of Social Work,
at the University of Huelva.

*Keynote Speaker:* M. Luz Congosto, researcher at the Department of
Telematics, University Carlos III, Madrid, who will deliver the lecture:
"Society from the view of Twitter, to what extent it reflects reality?".

In the Workshop, we will discuss about theoretical, methodological, and
practical dimensions on applied aspects, and social effects or implications
of the widespread use of social media in our societies.

Preliminary Program, Inscriptions, and Proposals of Communications in:
http://eseis.es/investigacion/big-data/isem/isem-bigdata.

I hope this information could be useful for your research activity,

Best,
Estrella.

Estrella Gualda.
Profesora Titular de Sociología
Dra. Grupo Investigación "Estudios Sociales E Intervención Social"
Universidad de Huelva

Facultad de Trabajo Social
Avda. Tres de Marzo, s/n
21071 Huelva - SPAIN