Dear all,

We would like to invite you to participate in the first PhD Seminar in Research on University-Business Collaboration organized jointly by the Vrije University in Amsterdam, the VU Science-to-Business Unit and the Science and the Society Group of the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, which will be held on the 21st and the 22nd of April 2015 at the Department of Organization Sciences of the Vrije University in Amsterdam.

The PhD seminar is intended for PhD students who want to present their completed research work or work in progress. Apart from PhD student presentations, we will host recognized scholars in the area of university-business collaboration and innovation studies and provide specialized workshops for PhD students who want to gain new insights into how to organize their research or publish in high impact journals.

We particularly encourage submission of abstracts on the following topics:

●  Management of university-business collaborations

●  Entrepreneurship and higher education

●  Industry interaction and professional field engagement in science

●  Dynamics of science: Governance and funding of research

●  Collaboration in science

Applications to the workshop

We welcome submissions by PhD students at any stage of their PhD. Abstract proposals should be no longer than 500 words in length, written in English.  Abstract can be submitted before March 25th using  the web-form <http://goo.gl/forms/6ZP2HsAEgi>, or by sending it to Esther de Wit ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Sandra Hasanefendic ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>). Notifications acceptance will be provided by April 1st. Participants selected for presentations in PhD sessions should hand in a research paper or work in progress of max. 5000 by April 15th in order to get relevant feedback from senior researchers and fellow students.

With kind regards,

Sandra Hasanefendic and Esther de Wit