Hi Jose,

Not sure it is the direction you are interested, but I recently co-wrote a
paper on building a classifier of tweets (not) relevant to earthquakes
"Identifying Relevant Messages in a Twitter-based Citizen Channel for
Natural Disaster Situations" to be presented in the SWDM workshop
co-located at WWW conference. You can check the related work for previous
papers that have explored using online social networks (mainly Twitter) to
deal with disasters. Link here http://arxiv.org/abs/1503.05784

Hope that helps. Cheers,

Denis Parra
PUC Chile