Careful records management
<http://www.archives.gov/about/laws/fed-agencies.html> is valuable for at
least three reasons. It maintains some kind of account for posterity, so
that future government leaders, and citizens generally, can learn from our
successes and our failures. It allows people access to many government
records through the Freedom of Information Act, including e-mails.
(Electronic records greatly simplify FOIA compliance.) And it
facilitates congressional investigations of administration activities.
In a historic memorandum issued in November 2011, President Barack Obama
described proper records management as “the backbone of open government.”

http://bv.ms/1Mco5Ld
http://bv.ms/1Mco5Ld+

--
Peterk