Two years ago, Governor Cuomo unveiled a new government portal called
“open.ny.gov.”  At that time the governor proclaimed, “"This new website
will dramatically increase public access to one of our most valuable assets
- data. As it expands and evolves over time, open.ny.gov will spark
innovation, improve efficiency, promote accountability, and bring the
people back into government."

Fast forward to last week and the governor was under siege for his program
to purge from the state email system all electronic correspondence that was
over 90 days old.  How can the Administration reconcile moving so
dramatically from proudly promising openness to undermining it?

http://bit.ly/1zGIzCT

http://bit.ly/1zGIzCT+

--
Peterk