BANGOR, Maine
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fbangordailynews.com%2Fbangor%2F%3Fref%3DnewRegions&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE1pYnJ5U-x4hsYhIvomlen-Fc3yw&ref=inline>
— The Bangor City Council will consider next week whether to appropriate
$210,000 to create a digital records system for all departments in a bid to
improve efficiency, reduce cost and provide better public access to
municipal records.

The proposed system would replace the city’s current paper filing system,
according to Finance Director Debbie Cyr.

“We’re getting swallowed up by paper,” she told the council’s finance
committee Monday night. “It’s not a very efficient way for any of us to
work, nor does it provide easy access either departmentally or to the
public at large.”

http://bit.ly/18MnnpT

http://bit.ly/18MnnpT+

--