Yesterday I went to Hal Scott Preserve in Orange County to check a Red-cockaded Woodpecker Colony. The bird we had with a cast on his broken foot had been caught, and his old cast was replaced with a new one. His foot wasn't healed yet so he has to wear it for another 2 weeks.
 Weather was cool out there, and the wind was up. Did not see many birds due to that. There are a number of Northern Parula, Bachman's Sparrows, Brown-headed Nuthatches, and the Pine warblers being the most common birds on territory. I saw a numerous Brown-headed Cowbirds on the ground. It appears they are seeking out the Bachman's Sparrow's nest to lay their eggs. There are more Brown-headed Cowbirds at Hal Scott than I've ever seen before. It seems like each year there numbers are increasing out there.
 I took another video of the Red-cockaded Woodpecker feeding with his new cast. He has mastered feeding horizontally instead of vertically. He feeds like a Downy Woodpecker now.
Video: www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/16750865707

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/16960390185

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/16340313433

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/16340297743