Greetings colleagues,

I invite you to download a free directory of best education practices for
supporting student academic achievement and adjustment to an institution.
For the past couple of years I have shared on LRNASST about a best
education practice center that identifies evidence-based practices that
improve achievement for historically-underrepresented students.  This
directory is a collection of previously approved practices.  Copies of the
directory are available at http://z.umn.edu/maeoppbp2015

While the practices have been effectively used with TRIO and GEAR UP
students at the secondary and college level, many could be effectively used
in your programs as well.  They could also be effective with bridge
programs.  From my experience with TRIO programs, they are incubators of
best practices to serve the needs of historically underrepresented students
and their education practices could well serve the general student
population as well.

Each practice in the directory has undergone a rigorous external review
process and.  Readers can use this publication as a guide for implementing
the evidence-based education strategies contained within it.  Our approach
was to not only provide contact information and a short summary of the
practice.  The directory provides detailed information about the education
practice purposes, educational theories that guide the practice, curriculum
outlines, resources needed for implementation, evaluation process, and
contact information.

The sponsors for the MAEOPP Center are my home academic department at the
University of Minnesota and the Mid-America Association of Educational
Opportunity Program Personnel (MAEOPP).  MAEOPP is one of the regional
associations serving TRIO staff and students.  The Center's website is at
http://besteducationpractices.org   Copies of the directory are available
at http://z.umn.edu/maeoppbp2015

Take care,
David

David Arendale, Associate Professor

Univ of MN, College of Education & Human Development, Postsecondary
Teaching & Learning Dept, Burton Hall 225, 178 Pillsbury Drive, SE,
Minneapolis, MN 55455; (office) 612-625-2928; [log in to unmask]
http://arendale.org  Project Manager, MAEOPP Best Education Practices Center

Every day is Christmas when we make good choices. Those choices unwrap
unexpected presents of joy that await us if we do our part and trust God
for the rest.