Muchisimas gracias for the great resource, David!

Lois

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:58 PM, David Arendale <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Greetings colleagues,
>
> I invite you to download a free directory of best education practices for
> supporting student academic achievement and adjustment to an institution.
> For the past couple of years I have shared on LRNASST about a best
> education practice center that identifies evidence-based practices that
> improve achievement for historically-underrepresented students.  This
> directory is a collection of previously approved practices.  Copies of the
> directory are available at http://z.umn.edu/maeoppbp2015
>
> While the practices have been effectively used with TRIO and GEAR UP
> students at the secondary and college level, many could be effectively used
> in your programs as well.  They could also be effective with bridge
> programs.  From my experience with TRIO programs, they are incubators of
> best practices to serve the needs of historically underrepresented students
> and their education practices could well serve the general student
> population as well.
>
> Each practice in the directory has undergone a rigorous external review
> process and.  Readers can use this publication as a guide for implementing
> the evidence-based education strategies contained within it.  Our approach
> was to not only provide contact information and a short summary of the
> practice.  The directory provides detailed information about the education
> practice purposes, educational theories that guide the practice, curriculum
> outlines, resources needed for implementation, evaluation process, and
> contact information.
>
> The sponsors for the MAEOPP Center are my home academic department at the
> University of Minnesota and the Mid-America Association of Educational
> Opportunity Program Personnel (MAEOPP).  MAEOPP is one of the regional
> associations serving TRIO staff and students.  The Center's website is at
> http://besteducationpractices.org   Copies of the directory are available
> at http://z.umn.edu/maeoppbp2015
>
> Take care,
> David
>
> David Arendale, Associate Professor
>
> Univ of MN, College of Education & Human Development, Postsecondary
> Teaching & Learning Dept, Burton Hall 225, 178 Pillsbury Drive, SE,
> Minneapolis, MN 55455; (office) 612-625-2928; [log in to unmask]
> http://arendale.org  Project Manager, MAEOPP Best Education Practices
> Center
>
> Every day is Christmas when we make good choices. Those choices unwrap
> unexpected presents of joy that await us if we do our part and trust God
> for the rest.

> browser to

Lois Martin
Director, Academic Resource & Writing Center
Goshen College
Goshen, IN
574-535-7576

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and
message.