Hi Lynda & All,

We have been doing this for years and it is very popular and very
successful. We call it "attached" tutoring. A tutor is assigned to a
specific course and section. She (we are a women's college), has set days
and times ( which can be altered based on student demand). Students
enrolled in that course section can come for help as needed. Students do
not need an appointment, can stay as short or as long as they want and can
still take advantage of other academic support services such as individual
tutoring, help room tutoring and/or SI, as needed.

Students love the regularity, the convenience and the "exclusivity" of
having a tutor dedicated to their class.

Best,
Roberta

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Lynda Sukolsky <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hello and happy Friday.
>

> I am wondering if anyone uses study tables and if you have any data to
> support they are a better intervention over traditional tutoring?
>
> I am defining study tables as a set time for enrolled students of a
> specific course to meet with a student guide/tutor/facilitator.  They would
> work on current content, receive help when needed, work as a group, etc.
>  (the student guide is not attending class or developing materials)
>

> Thank You!
> Lynda Sukolsky
>

> Lynda J. Sukolsky, M.Ed.
> Assistant Dean of Student Success/
> Academic Achievement Center Director
> Seton Hill University
> Greensburg, PA

> browser to

Roberta Schotka, Director of Programs, PLTC
Wellesley College
phone:781-283-2675
fax: 781-283-3709
CRLA NE Chapter President