From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jered Wasburn-Moses
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: tutoring outside of the college's tutoring program

Directly from my Orientation Manual:

"...[Y]ou are not to schedule private (paid) tutoring sessions with NKU students you meet through the Math Center.

"There are important legal, ethical, and academic reasons for this policy. We may be willing to 'bend' it in extraordinary circumstances, but please talk to me about it before making any such arrangement.

"To be clear, this policy applies only to NKU students in NKU courses. You are free to make whatever arrangements you like with students at other institutions, either universities or K-12. In fact, I receive several requests for tutors from such students (or, more likely, their parents) each semester, and I will forward this information to you as it comes. In order to avoid liability issues, please be aware that I cannot give you a personal recommendation for such a position, nor may you conduct these tutoring sessions in the Learning Assistance Center."

Jered Wasburn-Moses
Math Center Coordinator
Success Skills Coordinator
Learning Assistance Programs