From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Giblin, Joan
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 9:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: center policies for tutor conduct

Hello,

We enforce a very strict no cell phones rule in our center.  If you need to use your cell phone, you must leave the room and use it in the hallway.

In terms of dress code, well, that is harder with the whole campus casual dress code.  Our evaluation lists that they must be clean and ready to tutor.

I use the following "guidelines"
	If it is Family Guy funny, its not appropriate
	You should be only wear/have visible things that you are comfortable explaining to your oldest living relative
	If its not PG rated, then it is not appropriate for the center- or would you be comfortable showing this to your 5 year 	old sibling
	Everyone connected with you needs to be fully dressed- this includes yourself and any people in pictures/graphics- any 	images 	visible on your backpack, your shirt, your laptop, stickers, buttons must all be fully clothed.
	If you wouldn't want to spend 20 minutes going through exactly why you chose to wear something, then pick 	something else.  In other words, if you want to discuss with me in minute detail why your fashion aesthetic includes 	your underwear being visible, then feel free to wear the pants that don't fit.  But I will want a full justification of how 	and why that choice came to be

There will always be some who need the direct conversation after some questionable choices.

Cheers,
Joan

Joan Giblin
Director, Student Achievement/The Learning Center Beatty 402 Wentworth Institute of Technology
550 Huntington Ave, Boston MA 02115
617-989-4573