From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Celia Roberts
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 12:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tutor appointments

Good afternoon,

At Broward College, the tutoring for the disabled students are based on one-on-one appointment. At the beginning of the semester, I sit down with the student and explain to her/ him that keeping up with her/his appointments is her/ his responsibility. I also stress out that if she/he misses 3 appointments without notifying us, she/he is out because other students are waiting to get a spot on the schedule.
If a student misses an appointment, the tutor still gets paid but the tutor helps at the "regular" tutoring lab so the tutor does not get penalized.

I t hope it helps.

Celia M. Roberts
Tutoring Lab and ODS Tutoring Lab Coordinator Academic Success Center Central Campus
3501 S.W. Davie Road
Building 17, room 146
Davie, FL 33314
(954)201-6663