ONE WEEK LEFT!!!!

Don't miss out on your chance to participate as a presenter (concurrent or poster session)
at the 30th Annual NCLCA Conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, October 5th-8th!

We still have spots remaining, but they will disappear quickly in the next week, so don't
wait too long to get that proposal submitted.

Proposal deadline is next Thursday, April 30th.

The theme of our conference this year is "Soaring Into the Future," which pays homage to
our rich history of supporting learning assistance professionals and to the continuing role
of NCLCA in the field of learning center administration.

NCLCA is pleased to welcome several esteemed keynote speakers: Johanna Dvorak,
Martha Casazza, and Jacqueline Harris, all past presidents of NCLCA, will be speaking at
our Conference Kick-Off Breakfast on October 6th.  Ken Bain, award-winning educator,
president of Best Teachers Institute, and author of the best-selling books 'What the Best
College Teachers Do' and 'What the Best College Students Do' will be addressing the
members during our Awards Luncheon on October 6th.

We are seeking proposals for concurrent sessions and poster sessions that are closely
focused on issues of learning center administration.  Do you have experience to share
concerning practice, research or theory?  How is your learning center soaring into the
future?  Ideas for proposals may fall under one of these categories:

•	Best practices
•	Student success and retention
•	Program/center start-up
•	Program/center assessment
•	Tutor/mentor/SI Leader training
•	Hiring and staffing
•	Funding
•	Campus partnerships
•	Marketing
•	Early academic alert and intervention programs
•	First year or second year student programs
•	Programs designed for at-risk populations
•	Programs designed for specific populations (online learners, transfer students,
international students, athletes, students with disabilities, etc.)
•	Technology

Concurrent sessions will be 50 minutes in duration.  Presenters will conduct a formal, in-
depth presentation (often supported by electronic media) that will ideally include time for
discussion as well as supplementary materials.

Poster sessions will take place during a 60-minute block in which attendees rotate in
order to participate in informal conversations.  Presenters will prepare a poster and,
ideally, supplementary materials will be available.

Click below to view proposal formats, samples, and to access the electronic proposal
submission form.

http://nclca.org/2015conference/cfp.html

If you have any questions about developing and/or submitting a proposal, please contact
Sam Meyer ([log in to unmask]), NCLCA Professional Development Officer.

Any other questions about the conference can be directed to Jenny Haley, Vice
President/Conference Chair.

I am excited to see you in Milwaukee!  NCLCA is a fun, warm, family-like environment.
Come share ideas and materials!

Jenny Haley
NCLCA Vice President/Conference Chair