We pay our tutors if the student doesnšt show up. When appointments were
free, we blocked students from making appointments after two no-shows. We
do have the walk-in labs, so they could get help there. Because of
budgetary constraints, wešre charging $10 an appointment now. If they miss
an appointment, the student has lost $10, and the tutor gets paid. I am a
big proponent of preparing students for the real world. If they no-show
off-campus there are consequences. They need to learn that now.

Best,
Marsha

Dr. Marsha Urban
Director, Tutoring Center, MS 078