Dear Colleagues,
A member of the history department at my small community college asked if I
know of any peer-reviewed research related to the impact of adding a pre-
requisite to courses. Since I'm not familiar with research in this area, I thought
I'd forward her inquiry to the listserv. At this time, the college has no pre-
requisites for history courses, and students often struggle with the level of
reading, writing, and critical thinking required in her classes.

Thank you,

Catherine Juozokas, Director
Academic Skills Center
Asnuntuck Community College