From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Catherine Juozokas
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Request for Research on the Impact of Prerequisites

Dear Colleagues,
A member of the history department at my small community college asked if I know of any peer-reviewed research related to the impact of adding a pre- requisite to courses. Since I'm not familiar with research in this area, I thought I'd forward her inquiry to the listserv. At this time, the college has no pre- requisites for history courses, and students often struggle with the level of reading, writing, and critical thinking required in her classes.

Thank you,

Catherine Juozokas, Director
Academic Skills Center
Asnuntuck Community College