Dear Colleagues:

Please join me in offering our condolences to our colleague and friend Dr. Claire Ellen Weinstein.  As you may have heard, her brother Dr. Warren Weinstein, abducted and held hostage by al Qaeda since 2011, was killed by a drone strike. Dr. Weinstein was employed by J.E. Austin Associates Inc.<http://jeaustin.com/>, a U.S. consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia, which is a contractor for the U.S. Agency for International Development. He was a world-renowned development expert, according to the company's website. Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Weinstein family during this terrible time of loss.

Sincerely,

Russ

Russ Hodges, Ed.D.
Associate Professor
Graduate Program in Developmental Education
Dept. of Curriculum and Instruction
Texas State University
601 University Dr.
San Marcos, TX 78666
512-245-7922 (office); 512-694-6627 (cell)
Office location: ASB-North 401G