Hi, all-looking for a little advice.

I'm considering re-working my basic training curriculum to center around some "common read" about metacognition and learning theory. I have found a few candidate books. I would like both feedback on any of these texts, as well as any a reference for any others I should be considering.

I am happy to take responses either on- or off-list.

Thanks!

The four are, in no particular order:

Kolencik & Hillwig (2011). Encouraging Metacognition: Supporting Learners through Metacognitive Teaching Strategies.
Brown, Roediger, & McDaniel (2014). Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning.
Nilson (2013). Creating Self-Regulated Learners: Strategies to Strengthen Students' Self-Awareness and Learning Skills.
Tate (2012). "Sit and Get" Won't Grow Dendrites: 20 Professional Learning Strategies That Engage the Adult Brain.

Jered Wasburn-Moses
Math Center Coordinator
Success Skills Coordinator
Learning Assistance Programs