Hi Angie,

We keep a bookshelf of books and a binder of articles that they can read.
All along the lines of professional and student development.
After they finish, they respond briefly to 3-4 questions which indicates
the benefit they received from completing the task.  (I also see which
books, articles and topics are more popular than others and determine if
more needs to be incorporated into training.

If you would like more information Angie, feel free to contact me off line.

Karin [?]

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:40 AM, Angie Wolfe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi, All!
>
> I am new to my position and would like to know how other peer-tutoring
> programs deal with tutor down time.  Besides the usual office related tasks
> - classroom visits, textbook library upkeep, advertisements, office clean
> up
> -what does your program ask of its tutors when they have a set schedule and
> no students scheduled during a time frame?  I need to keep my tutors busy;
> however, I do not have a ton of time to supervise every task.
>
> Your suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Angie Wolfe
> Coordinator
> Academic Coaching & Tutoring Center
> University of Pittsburgh at Bradford
> Bradford, PA

> browser to

Karin E. Winnard, Assistant Director
Tutorial Programs and Student Development
Peer Connections: Mentoring and Tutoring
San Josť State University
San Josť, CA 95192
Certification Reviewer, NCLCA 2008-2012
Evaluator, International Tutor Certification Program/CRLA 1988-2008
Past President, ACCTLA (1990-93)
(408) 924-3346

*We teach skills. We tutor content. We transform lives.*

GET OUT! of your comfort zone and into your learning zone!