There are two upcoming ham-radio EVENTS on Saturday May 30th (one week
away!).

EVENT #1 - On the "Air" (Internet)
The annual Hurricane Center drill will be on Saturday May 30th from 9am -
11am.  On DSTAR, use REF002A.  D-RATS will also be used.   The group at the
NHC doing the net is using digital modes so no VHF or HF.

EVENT #2 - In Gainesville!  (3-hour MESH / DSTAR / D-RATS workshop)
Also on Saturday May 30, 2015 --- Here in GAINESVILLE from 9:30am - 12:30pm
Our local group of GARS and ARES hams will be coordinating hands-on MESH
networking with Raspberry Pi.
Where:  Millhopper Public Library - Meeting room
3145 NW 43rd Street
Gainesville, FL 32606
http://www.aclib.us/millhopper

Bring your laptop computer, WiFi router, Linksys WRT54G if you have one,
DSTAR DVAP/Dongle if you have one, and some accessories like a power strip,
and network cables.

We will be installing and configuring MESH nodes, testing out new services,
and trying out the system with an Internet connection.  This is mostly to
provide a test bed so we can do the same thing at Field Day and provide
Internet, local "cloud storage" for logging, and use the MESH network
equipment like would be done for an emergency.

If someone can bring DSTAR, we can check in to the Hurricane Net from the
Library!  We might be able to test DSTAR/DV dongle from the MESH network as
well.

We plan to test out the D-RATS software and connections to make sure
everyone has theirs working.  The Hurricane Net will handle D-RATS
check-ins on the sewx.ratflector.com site so be sure to bring your laptop
even if all you want to do is the D-RATS on the Hurricane Net.  D-RATS is
supposed to be able to work over the MESH as well, as long as the MESH
network has an Internet connection somewhere.

The Library has an Internet connection (WiFi) which can be used for
downloading or independent testing for Internet services that we will be
testing on MESH.

Jeff, W4UFL