Thanks a lot, Debbie, for sharing that information. I recall having been
contacted and not being impressed enough to recommend them to our students.
I did not read about the file sharing at that time. Just now I see that
they are on LinkedIn.

Lois

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Malewicki, Debbie <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> They contacted some faculty in our university looking for recommendations
> for student tutors, so I did some digging. It seems to be a front company
> for another service that prompts, in some cases even requires, students to
> upload their work into a large collection that is then accessible for other
> students to download to gain access to their services after a while. The
> tutors are particularly encouraged to submit their work to this semi-public
> collection. I think we can all see where it is going.
>
> Cardinal doesn't have any real negative commentary attached to it from
> what I could find, but the larger company has very poor ratings on a number
> of sites including the BBB.
>
> I apologize this I am not in a position to backtrack on the research
> today,?but you can verify what I'm saying by visiting the Ccardinal site
> and seeing the name of the other service posted through some of their links.
>
> My conclusion, based upon this research, is that they are not a legitimate
> service and that the faculty should not recommend students unless the
> faculty are prepared to have the work of their top students available for
> other students to download and use.
>
> Sincerely,
> Debbie Malewicki, Director
> Center for Learning Resources
> The University of New Haven
> Marvin K. Peterson Library 116
> 300 Boston Post Road
> West Haven, CT 06516
> (203) 932-7415
>
> > On May 13, 2015, at 9:16 AM, Kimberly Slusser <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > Good Morning,
> >
> > Is anyone here familiar with the company, Cardinal Scholars?  I'd
> > appreciate hearing about any of your personal experiences.  We have a
> > couple of students who have been contacted, and I'd like to gather some
> > more information before making suggestions. Please contact me here or at
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kim Slusser

> browser to
> > http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html

> browser to

Lois Martin
Director, Academic Resource & Writing Center
Goshen College
Goshen, IN
574-535-7576

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and
message.