From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Hayes
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: How do you track tutor contact hours?

My apologies, I inadvertently deleted part of a sentence in my second paragraph, which made it sound confusing. It should have read:

We were told that our tutors needed to log contact hours in the walk in centers, and when we explained that our centers often get very crowded and our outnumbered tutors struggle to meet the demand, *we were told that we had no alternative but to find a way. After several times writing back and forth, I decided that we were* not going to make their jobs any more difficult by asking them to carry a notepad around the room with them to log each interaction. As you write, some contacts last for a long spell, but others a few minutes or less. The only reason for keeping the log was to submit it for certification, frankly - it wasn't going to improve the quality of service, and it was going to add an extra responsibility to the tutors' workload.

Thanks

David

David B Hayes
Director, Academic Enhancement Center