They contacted some faculty in our university looking for recommendations for student tutors, so I did some digging. It seems to be a front company for another service that prompts, in some cases even requires, students to upload their work into a large collection that is then accessible for other students to download to gain access to their services after a while. The tutors are particularly encouraged to submit their work to this semi-public collection. I think we can all see where it is going.

Cardinal doesn't have any real negative commentary attached to it from what I could find, but the larger company has very poor ratings on a number of sites including the BBB.

I apologize this I am not in a position to backtrack on the research today,?but you can verify what I'm saying by visiting the Ccardinal site and seeing the name of the other service posted through some of their links.

My conclusion, based upon this research, is that they are not a legitimate service and that the faculty should not recommend students unless the faculty are prepared to have the work of their top students available for other students to download and use.

Sincerely,
Debbie Malewicki, Director
Center for Learning Resources
The University of New Haven